Industrial structures present many unique problems Compounded by their challenging environments. Tyfo® Fibrwrap® advanced composite Systems provide a fast, durable resolution to problems that might otherwise have high shut-down costs. For the past 20 years, Fibrwrap® has been used extensively to retrofit reinforced concrete support structures such as pipe racks, equipment structures, pedestals, coker units and many more.
Strengthening applications typically include seismic retrofit, corrosion mitigation, change-of-use, protection from aggresive environments and design/construction error remediation. Other structures that have used Fibrwrap® include industrial chimneys, silos, tanks, pressure vessels and pipelines. Tyfo® Fibrwrap® advanced composite Systems present many advantages to an owner as seen above, but possibly the most important is the low impact on facility production.
Plum Point Chimney – completed retrofit
- Speed of Installation
- Small crew size
- Low impact to facility function
- Constructible in limited space and often without the need for shutdown
- Regain original strength of structure or additional structural capacity
- Extends the life of the structure
- No “hot-work”
- Corrosion mitigation and extended durability of structure
- Very safe application process